The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
Purpose of collection
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
So you can set up an account with us and start to use our services
- your age and/or date of birth;
- information about other financial matters, including your financial circumstances, your assets, liabilities, income, expenditure, taxation information, insurance, superannuation and investment preferences (only if you choose to give this to us);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
So we can improve our business, conduct market research and market to you
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Note that the Fairien Azeem/Financially Savvy Pty Ltd never takes or asks for your bank account information or login details.
When you pay for our services, you may do so using your credit card. We don’t see your credit card details; your payment is always processed by our third-party payment processor and we do not handle your payment details.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
You do not need to provide all of the information above in order to access the Site or services. However, if you choose not to provide some personal information, we may not be able to offer you the full functionality of the Site.
Your tax file number
We will only collect, hold, use and disclose your tax file number in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy (Tax File Number) Rule 2015, the Tax Administration Act 1953 (Cth) and other applicable laws (as amended from time to time). Without limiting our obligations under those laws, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are informed of:
- the taxation law or other applicable law which authorises us to request or collect your tax file number;
- the purpose(s) for which your tax file number is requested and collected; and
- the consequences of declining to quote your tax file number.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information (but not your financial login details or other financial details) to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Use of account credentials
In order to take full advantage of the functionality of the Site, you will be required to provide us with your login credentials for the financial institutions you use for your personal finances. You acknowledge that:
- we are authorised to use your login credentials to access your account information;
- such access in necessary to provide the full functionality of the Site;
- the disclosure of your login credentials may not be in compliance with your financial institution’s terms and conditions; and
- we take no responsibility for any consequences as a result of you not complying with your financial institution’s terms and conditions.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third-party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Financially Savvy Pty Ltd ABN 11 627 279 243
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 23 March 2021
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd